Moving on from my retrospective of 2007, here is a prospective for 2008. There is no particular rhyme or reason to this list; it is simply a collection of thoughts and yearnings for the coming year.
- I will graduate from St. Stephen’s University with a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities.
- I plan to re-launch my web design brand as Soma Design. Look for the new site in the hopefully not-too-distant future. (It currently just redirects to the old Omada Design Group page.)
- After completion of my degree, Jac and I will move back to Winnipeg and attempt to reintegrate ourselves into life there with family, friends, community, church… Should be interesting.
- Start to think about what to do when I grow up.
- I long to make the connection between thought and action, between theory and praxis in the context of the life that I am living.
- Go deeper in the connections between discipleship to Jesus, justice and politics.
- Do more writing, particularly on my in-progress story.
A prayer for the New Year: Christ, let your shalom break forth like the dawn in 2008. Give us soft hearts and strong hands. Let us be unafraid to laugh, pray and weep as we live out the joys and pains of the existence we find ourselves in.
One response to “Prospective”
lovely. I look forward to your thoughts.