Well, this change from 2005 to 2006 is supposed to make us look ahead to another year. Conformist that I am, I will do so. One thing that makes me scratch my head is that we’re over the hump of the ’00’s!
Without further ado, my thoughts on what will/might/I wish would happen in 2006:
- I will go to Europe with my SSU class
- I will increase my debt load (see #1)
- Oil prices will continue to rise, causing us to rethink our lifestyle once we realize our utter oil-dependency
- There will continue to be a cry for true community in this world
- Christians will continue to see the need to understand the gospel as pertaining to all of life, not just a moment of prayer
- The Liberals will win yet another minority government, this time smaller than the last
- Nobody will care until the Liberals or Conservatives get a new leader who isn’t a stiff
- We will have another 365 days to partner with God in building his kingdom
3 responses to “Prospective”
Sounds like a well plausible forecast for 2006.
Yo, remember when we first got saved and we were utterly convinced that the Lord was going to return immanently? At that time I would never have thought I’d see 2006. Interesting, eh?
Anyway, take care.
Oh, is there any word on when, and if, Brian and Nathan are going to be coming to housegroup?
no idea when Brian and Nathan would be coming. if i’d guess, i’d say next week. nate was talking to them about it, so i dunno for sure.
yeah, it is funny that we definitely wouldn’t have thought that we’d make it this many years!